As I was putting my little girl to bed tonight, I told her about the day she was born. I'm pretty sure I will never forget the way I felt that day...so overwhelmed with joy and fear at the same time. Joy that I finally had the opportunity to meet the little baby that had been living inside me for 9 months, and fear for the little baby that now had to live under my care for the rest of her life! What an amazing experience! Here it is 5 years later, and she's still bringing joy and fear into our lives. Happy birthday, Sweetie!

Well, it's official...Camryn promised she would stop growing at 5, and that day has come! YEA! I wasn't sure what I was going to do with a teenage girl!
We celebrated by making cupcakes with friends in the morning. In the afternoon, Camryn got to go to Build-a-Bear and stuff a new friend. (She's holding Stella Madison Keith in the picture above). For her birthday dinner, it was a toss-up between Mongolian BBQ and Sushi. Sushi won out after convincing her that Grandma wouldn't want to eat sushi when she comes out this weekend! :)

HAPPY BIRTHDAY CAMRYN!!! We can't believe you are 5 either! I remember coming to visit her at your place in Iowa City when she was just days old. What a beauty she has become! :) Have a super birthday!
ReplyDelete:) oxoxo Dawn, Ryan, Jaxson, & Carson